Post 16 Academy
WEST HAM UNITED FOUNDATION POST 16 FOOTBALL ACADEMY
Brentwood County High School are delighted to announce that we have officially launched our pioneering sports partnership with West Ham United Foundation.
The School has been an established partner as the Foundation's hub school for the Brentwood area since 2016, with a member of West Ham Foundation's coaching staff based in school on a full time basis to fully implement the BTEC & 6th Form Football Development Programme.
This Full time 2-year Programme is built to holistically educate the students’ game understanding and football performance, both on and off the field, combined with an education programme studying towards BTEC Sport or A-Level PE courses, with a pathway, through the partnership with West Ham United Foundation, into University, Traineeship and Apprenticeships as well as Employment Opportunities.
What the programme will include:
- Up to 8 hours a week coaching from West Ham United Foundation UEFA licensed coaches
- Regular matches in the English Colleges League and/or ESFA Super League
- Gain BTEC qualifications up to and including the Extended Diploma in Sport (Equivalent to 3 A-Levels)
- Opportunity to undertake A Level PE Qualification
- Bespoke Community Education workshop opportunities
- Opportunities to shadow qualified coaches on workshops and sessions aimed at Primary School pupils
- Potential opportunities to gain additional qualifications such as FA level 1 & 2 Coaching Qualifications, Safeguarding, First Aid and Sports Leadership awards and Officiating qualifications.
- University, Traineeship, Apprenticeship, Employment pathway opportunities through West Ham United Foundation.
For further details on the programme please contact: Mr Chris Cronin, West Ham United Foundation's School Sports Officer for the Brentwood area. Email: email@example.com