Biology A Level
Year 12 overview
Year 12 will cover the first four topics of the course, outlined below:
- Biological molecule
- Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
You will also need to complete some of the required practical experiments across the year.
Year 13 overview
In year 13 you will cover topics 5 – 8, you will be assessed on all eight topics.
- Energy transfers in and between organisms
- Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- The control of gene expression
You will also have completed all of the 12 required practical experiments.
What our students say
My teacher is an amazing teacher and makes the subject so fun and enjoyable to learn.
I enjoyed Biology because of the small classes, the opportunities to learn in a different environment. The teachers really focus on getting everything across to students until they are 100% sure with the topic.
Although I originally chose this subject to 'fill a gap', I came to like and understand more about the subject. My teacher was always willing to help me in his spare time.