2019 Exam results press releasePosted on: 4th Sep
Brentwood County High School
Shenfield Common, Seven Arches Road, Brentwood, Essex CM14 4JF
‘Personalised Learning for all…’
PRESS RELEASE – PRESS RELEASE
22nd August 2019
Excellent Results at Brentwood County High School
Brentwood County High School is delighted to announce for the second year running a strong level of results in A Level and GCSE in 2019.
These results are testament to the hard work and close collaboration between staff, students and parents alike. Brentwood County High School, now part of The Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust, is delighted to see so many students achieving their well-deserved outcomes and venturing to many different career routes including prestigious universities, work based training and careers abroad.
Some highlights from A Level are:
- Reece Campbell (2xA*, 2xA) who has a place at Warwick University to study Computer Science;
- Brooke Deyes (3xA) who will be reading English at Queen Mary University of London;
- Tyler Clark (3xA) who has place at Southampton University to study Computer Science.
Adam Cummings (1 A*, 1A, 1B, 1C), Lisa Pigeon (1 A*, B) and Jake Coombs (1 A*, 2B, 1C) all received the top grade at A Level.
Four Year 12 students sat their A Level Maths exams a year early under the new specification, with all four achieving top grades including three who gained an A. These results are a testament to the hard work and dedication of all our students and staff. We are particularly pleased with our Maths and Politics outcomes.
Highlights from GCSE include:
- Ella Archer (4 Grade 9, 5 Grade 8);
- Alicia Michaels (4 Grade 9, 2 Grade 8);
- Olivia Ritson (2 Grade 9, 3 Grade 8);
- Ivor Welford and Isabelle Bowsher (2 Grade 9, 2 Grade 8);
- Lucy Fuller, Alyshia Green, Isabella Todd (excellent progress on average 2 Grades above expected).
The high expectations and rigorous support from Brentwood County High School staff and colleagues within The Osborne Trust have been paramount to this success.
As a school we are really pleased with our English and Maths this year and are excited about the new Academic year and the ever increasing popularity of our school. It has been lovely to see so many happy students ready to embark on the next stage of their journey.