Transition Process

1) How do I apply for my child to come to Brentwood County High School?

Year 6 to Year 7

As part of the Year 6 to Year 7 transfer you need to apply via Essex County Council. Applications will need to be submitted by 31st October, in the first term of Year 6 at primary school. Your borough council will contact you directly with the information and documents relevant to this process.

For further information please contact us

telephone 0345 603 2200

or email

2) Who makes the decisions on who to admit to BCHS for September admissions to Year 7?

As an academy school BCHS is legally its own admissions authority. However as with most academies we are part of the Essex Local Authority admissions process. Essex County Council manages our admissions as part of the central Essex system in line with our published admissions criteria for each year.

A proud partner in the Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust