Admissions FAQ

IMG_12951) How do I apply for my child to come to Brentwood County High School?

Year 6 to Year 7

As part of the Year 6 to Year 7 transfer you need to apply via Essex County Council. Applications will need to be submitted by 31st October, in the first term of Year 6 at primary school. Your borough council will contact you directly with the information and documents relevant to this process.

For further information please contact  telephone 0345 603 2200 or email

Mid Year Applications

For applications to existing year groups, please download and complete the Mid-Year Secondary School Application Form. Completed applications should be returned directly to the Admissions Officer, Brentwood County High School, Shenfield Common, Seven Arches Road, Brentwood, CM14 4JF.

2) Who makes the decisions on who to admit to BCHS for September admissions to Year 7?

As an academy school BCHS is legally its own admissions authority. However as with most academies we are part of the Essex Local Authority admissions process. Essex County Council manages our admissions as part of the central Essex system in line with our published admissions criteria for each year.

3) Who makes the decisions about who to admit to BCHS for Year 7 to 11 students during the school year?

Applications for admissions to BCHS in the course of the normal school year need to be made by contacting the school directly. Where year groups are full we will keep a waiting list for student admissions. Where year groups are not full we will work with parents, carers and students to facilitate admissions to the school.