Our Success Area of Learning involves all the work that we do to enable our young people to succeed through additional interventions.
It is led by Assistant headteacher, pastoral, Claudia Campbell. The aim of the Success Area of Learning is to ensure that all our young people are supported to achieve success by removing the barriers to learning that stop them from reaching their potential. They work in conjunction with subject teachers and the house pastoral teams to identify where problems exist and put in place plans to overcome these.
- Attendance Management
The Attendance Management team collect and monitor the data on student attendance, as well as working with parents and carers to help students achieve the highest possible attendance rates.
- Lunchtime supervision
The Success team manage the team of Midday Assistants who help to supervise students during lunchtimes at BCHS. There are six midday assistants who collect students for lunchtime detentions, organise the queues for the dining rooms and supervise areas of the school from 2.00pm onwards.
- Student Wellbeing
The Student Wellbeing team provide medical care and support to students throughout the day. They also organise health education programs and vaccinations.
- Success Interventions
The Success Interventions team support students with behaviour and emotional resilience. They run the RAIZ, provide direct interventions in lessons to support teachers, as well as organising all of the programs which we provide for students involving counselling, peer relationships, alternative education and family support.
- Year Group Administration
The three staff in the Year Group Administration team organise all matters related to each year group. This includes things such as trips, network logins, lockers, uniform and parents' evenings. They support staff and parents on all matters related to the organisation and administration of their year groups.
- Sabeen Hansraj (SHJ) - Year Administrator Years 9 & 10
- Sadie Hunt (SHT) - Student Services Manager
- Nichola Pucill (NPL) - Educational Welfare Officer
- Paula Ramsden (PRN) - Student Wellbeing Officer
- Sue Wellman (SWN) - Year Administrator Years 7 & 8
- Claudia Campbell (CCL) - Assistant Headteacher Pastoral
- Jenine Allen (JAN) - Success Intervention Manager
- Dimeji Adetula (DAA) - Able, Gifted and Talented Co-ordinator
- Tracey Boom (TBM) - Success Interventions Assistant
- Louise Cole (LCE) - Alternative Education Coordinator
- Claire Downey (CDY) - Pastoral Interventions Leader
- Constance Hayes (CHS) - Key Stage 4 PPG Champion
- Louise Mason (LMN.) - Lead Teacher Children in Care
- Louise Mason (LMN) - Key Stage 3 PPG Champion
- Hannah Monk (HMK) - Lead Teacher Primary Liaison
- Kieran Walker (KWR) - Year 11 Champion
- Tracy Mulliner - Success interventions Assistant; Bereavement & Nurture Group